This timely course brings together doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare workers linked through the global Penta ID Network. The launch of the exciting training programme coincides with the recently published WHO AWaRe Antibiotic Book, providing concise updated guidance on antibiotic choice, dose and duration of treatment.
The training syllabus consists of 10 in-depth online modules delivered by an international faculty of leading frontline experts in their field. The course covers a variety of the most common bacterial infections in paediatrics prevalent in both higher income and resource-limited settings around the world.
- Acute Otitis Media
- Pharyngitis and Sinusitis
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- Lower Urinary Tract Infection
- Skin/soft tissue infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Gastroenteritis – incl. enteric fever
- Sepsis in Neonates and children
- Abdominal infection
- Bacterial Meningitis
The training modules will be complemented by lively online discussion forums, live ‘Ask the Expert’ Q&A sessions, pre- and post-module quizzes and a wealth of further reading resources and links to websites of interest.
The course kicks off on 20th February and will run up until 4th May 2023.
Register now to sign up* for the course!
* Please note that, due to the limited number of places available, all registrations will first be reviewed by the PentaTra@ining team before the final list of participants is confirmed. If your registration is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with all relevant information before the start of the training course.